Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dreams of white dishes and shelves


Hello everyone!
I want to let you in on a secret....
I'm a lover of white.
Should I sshhhhhh
or shut it out from the rooftops?!  
I'm going to do the latter today ok?!
:)


First of all, I  love shelving...
almost any kind of shelving catches my eye.
On this kitchen shelf, I  used  to keep my cookbooks (above) ....
until I received an  inspiration  
to put them in a new home,
and make the shelf available for another  love.
 In a previous post I showed you my new recipe helps home.
Here it is...and it's working out fine!


My  vintage coke crate  holds them perfectly
and proudly.
So, what to do with the empty shelf nearby?
White dishes, of course!!

   I adore  open shelving  and
white dishes.
I realized ...I  have a shelf..
so why not make it happen,
using what I have!
If you're like me, you drool over open shelving
and white dishes!
I don't have a lot of shelving but
why not use  what I have  to 
display what I have. 


I played around with  ways to display  them first.
It's the little girl in me :)


 In the  midst  of all this creating and playing,
another idea arrived in my mind.
So I set about making that happen too.


 I  adore  old wood,
and barnboard  and such,
and I love the look of
hooks on wood.
I found some old wood in our garage,
saved from other projects, and I shopped for some 
hooks (even hook-shopping takes some time..which ones do I choose?) ;)
and started to work.
Here's how it ended or should I say begins!



   I asked my hubby to drill it into the top of my wall above the shelf
and overhang .
Easy!
I hung my white ikea cups
and...

  Added a few  antique-ish  touches
(garage-sale finds~2 old mixers)

 
more white stuff
that's right on hand when I need it...
 and one happy girl!

 
So there you have it!
1)  A place to hang mugs and have close at hand.
2) A few bowls and serving bowls right at my touch
and looking pretty too.
3) A strainer near by and handy
4) Wooden spoons ready for use
5) A real milk bottle with lavender to scent my kitchen
6)And one happy girl who  realized a dream
and made it happen with an old board, some hooks,
a handy hubby with a drill,
and an  inspiration  and  a love for whites in her home.

Do you have a shelf somewhere
that's just waiting for a little makeover?!

I'll be back soon to chat about  hooks!
Toodles!

Lovingly,
Deborah xo
     

     

4 comments:

  1. Dear Deborah
    Great job ! Simple and cosy !
    Tomorrow in my post I 'll suggest you for a prize !If you want take part.
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy makeover, and as you know white is not the mere absence of color.
    Enjoy!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah, it all looks so beautiful! I love how you used that piece of weathered wood to put hooks onto and where you hung it for your white cups...it looks so good with your shelf underneath full of white things! {Pure loveliness!}

    I am so excited to have visited this beautiful new blog of yours! I love it! :) I am off to see you at your other blog now!

    Have a wonderful night!

    Blessings and hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
So sweet of you.